Coffin for a snake
- Hilton Price Number
- Current Location
- Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek, Copenhagen
- Museum Accession Number
- ÆIn 1360
- Object Type
- Tomb equipment, Coffin/sarcophagus/cartonnage, Coffin/sarcophagus of animals, Coffin/sarcophagus of reptile
- Metals/alloys (Copper alloy)
- Length: 1⅜ inches | Height: 1¾ inches
- Number of Elements
Rectangular Case for containing the mummy of a small snake ; judging from the figure in relief on the top of it, it contains the remains of the cobra di capello. A loop at one end. Unopened. 1⅜ in. X 1¾ in. Bronze.
Price, Frederick George Hilton (1897) A catalogue of the Egyptian antiquities in the possession of F. G. Hilton Price. London: Quaritch. Anonymous (1911). Catalogue of the important and extensive collection of Egyptian antiquities, the property of the late F. G. Hilton-Price, Esq. [...] : which will be sold by auction by Sotheby, Wilkinson & Hodge [...] on Wednesday, 12th July, 1911, and two following days, and on Monday, the 17th of July, and four following days. London: Davy.
- Link To Museum Catalogue
- Last modified: 14 Sep 2021