- Hilton Price Number
- Object Type
- Organic remains, Human, Human mummy, Element of mummy
- Mummified remains (Human remains)
- Egypt, Thebes/Luxor
- Number of Elements
Images included (unless otherwise stated on the image), are not subject to any current copyright restrictions because the term of copyright has expired. All of the images may be subject to other third party rights, such as rights of privacy. You are responsible for obtaining other such necessary permissions for reuse. For further information please contact the Egypt Centre.
Foot of an Egyptian mummy, which was given to Hilton Price by G. H. Birch. Recorded as coming from Thebes.
- Catalogue Description
Mummy, the foot of a human mummy. Given by G. H. Birch. Thebes
Price, Frederick George Hilton (1897) A catalogue of the Egyptian antiquities in the possession of F. G. Hilton Price. London: Quaritch. [p. 1] Anonymous (1911). Catalogue of the important and extensive collection of Egyptian antiquities, the property of the late F. G. Hilton-Price, Esq. [...] : which will be sold by auction by Sotheby, Wilkinson & Hodge [...] on Wednesday, 12th July, 1911, and two following days, and on Monday, the 17th of July, and four following days. London: Davy. [p. 130]
- Hilton Price Lot Description
- Two Hands and two Feet from mummies; two mummified Hawks in their original wrappings; and varied mummified remains of Birds, a Snake, &c.
- Former Owners
- Frederick George Hilton Price (1842–1909) | G. H. Birch
- Last modified: 22 Aug 2021